Poor people management “costs employers £84 billion a year”…..make sure you’re not one of them!
The programme is designed for you to attend all 3 Workshops and will help you develop the skills required to be an outstanding people manager with the aim of improving staff retention saving you stress, time and money and ultimately contributing to an efficient and profitable business.
The workshops will be delivered by Kim Stafford, a management trainer and coach from U&I Work as follows:
Workshop 1 – Communication and Influencing:
• Identifying different styles of communication
• How to communicate clearly, influence and check understanding
• Using the Plan, Do, Monitor, Review cycle for delivering results
• How to prevent problems and focus less on crisis management
Workshop 2 – Managing Performance:
• Recruitment and retention of staff – employing the right people and keeping them!
• Agreeing objectives – how to reward success and recognising causes of underperformance and how to manage this
• Managing behaviour of staff – how to deal with difficult people and managing team conflict
Workshop 3 – Motivating and Developing People:
• Understanding your management style and how you can adapt it to motivate those who are different to you
• How to manage and motivate (even when you’re not there!)
• Helping people develop - Using coaching as a management tool, giving feedback and fostering development of staff
Who should attend?
Farm business owners and on farm people managers. Greatest benefit is gained when you can commit to and attend all 3 workshops which allows you to ‘test’ learnings and ‘troubleshoot’ problems.
Dates: Tuesday 4th April, Tuesday 18th April & Tuesday 2nd May 2017
Time: 09.00 – 17:00 (Lunch & Refreshments Provided)
Venue: The Three Greyhounds, Holmes Chapel Road, Allostock, Knutsford. Cheshire. WA16 9JY
To find out more please contact (call or text) Becki Leach on 07595 415756 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Booking is essential and places are limited so will be allocated to those who commit to all 3 Workshops and on a first come first served basis. The cost of attending these Workshops is covered by your levy.
Event Date: Tue, 04/04/2017
Event Time: 9.00 - 17.00
BGS is a membership organisation which acts as a communication forum, through events and publications, for the profitable and sustainable use of grass and forage.