JOB OPPORTUNITY AT BGS
Part-time Office and Events Administrator
Due to retirement, the British Grassland Society seeks an experienced office and events administrator based on the North Shropshire/South Cheshire/Staffordshire border.
– General office administration, including event bookings, telephone and email enquiries
– Maintaining and updating membership databases and address lists
– Assisting with magazine administration, eg contacting advertisers and collating advertisements
– Supporting the CEO in the management of the BGS accounts using Xero accounting software
– Assisting with the production and dispatch of newsletters and other communications
– Helping to maintain and update web content
– Assisting with administration and organisation of events
Click here for a full job description.
Good knowledge of MS Office packages is required and experience of updating and maintaining web content will be an advantage. Experience of using an ACT! database and Xero accounting software would be helpful but is not essential.
You will be working with the CEO and Knowledge Exchange Coordinator and be based on the North Shropshire/South Cheshire/Staffordshire border. The role will be mostly office-based, but there may be the opportunity for some home working and to help at events.
A friendly outlook for working in our membership-orientated organisation and a can-do attitude is required. Knowledge of grassland agriculture/farming would be helpful but is not essential.
The post will be 20 hours per week, preferably over 5 days. Some flexible working may be required on occasion because of events.
Salary in the range £20-24k pro-rata (based on 37 hours), according to experience.
Because of the current location of the office, a DBS check will be required prior to employment.
To apply, please email a CV, including the names of two referees and a covering letter to: Tom Goatman, CEO, firstname.lastname@example.org
To discuss the post or for further details, please contact Tom by email or on 07833 449245
Applications close 12th April 2021. Interviews will be held in late April.