A forum for the science and practice of grass and forage production and utilisation.
The British Grassland Society
BGS is a membership organisation which acts as a communication forum, through events and publications, for the profitable and sustainable use of grass and forage. It brings together all those with an active interest in the science and practice of grass and forage production and utilisation; research workers, farmers, advisers, teachers and technical members of the agricultural industry.
BGS is in contact with farmers through its affiliated local grassland societies across the United Kingdom.
The society has many active members abroad and is also a member of the European Grassland Federation.
The objectives of BGS are:
- The improvement of economic methods of production and utilisation of grass and forage crops for the promotion of profitable agriculture.
- The advancement of education and research in grass and forage crop production and utilisation. Publication of the results of relevant research to an international audience via a quarterly journal and academic symposia.
- Interpretation of research and active communication of improved methods of production and utilisation to the farming community.
- Promotion of grassland farming as an example of sustainable agriculture, which is environmentally benign and visually attractive, for the public benefit.
- Representing members’ interests to Government by responding to consultations and identifying priorities for research.
The British Grassland Society is a Registered Charity in the U.K. (No. 261800)
Agrovista UK Limited is a leading supplier of agronomy advice, seed, crop protection products and precision farming services. Working in partnership with arable, forage, fruit, vegetable, horticultural and amenity sectors, Agrovista is committed to helping customers manage their businesses more efficiently and more profitably. We are dedicated to our company purpose - releasing agronomic potential. With roots originating more than 60 years ago, Agrovista offers a unique blend of local experience, research-based expertise, customer-based knowledge and trusted relationships; practising values of honesty, integrity and fairness across all aspects of the business. Agrovista also embraces care for the wider environment, with an understanding of the important role now played by all those who manage the land, through dedicated initiatives such as Agrovista Soil Health and Agrova Decision Support services.
Visit the Animax website
Visit the Barenbrug website
Berry BPI Agriculture
Visit the Berry bpi website
Visit the LKAB minerals website
Visit the CF Fertilisers website
Visit the Corteva website
Visit the DLF Seeds website
Visit the Genus ABS website
Twitter: @wearegerminal @GerminalUKAgri
Visit the Germinal website
Visit the Lallemand website
Visit the LIC website
Visit the Limagrain website
Visit the Nufarm website
Twitter: @ecosyl @cuttoclamp
Visit the Ecosyl website
Find more information about grassland nutrition on the Yara website