- This event has passed.
Herbal Leys Webinar – Establishment
September 22, 2020 @ 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Held in association with AHDB, the second in this series of webinars will be on the subject of ‘Establishment of herbal leys‘ and will be held on Tuesday 22 September, 7.00 – 8.00 pm.
The panel will include:
– Kate Still, Soil Association and FAB farmers facilitator
– Robert Thornhill, dairy farmer and Nuffield Scholar
– Dafydd Parry Jones, organic beef and sheep farmer and Farming Connect mentor
Each panelist will give a short presentation. This will be followed by a Q&A session.
Topics will include:
– Suitable soils, topography, temperature tolerance
– Variety selection criteria
– Establishment methods
– Overcoming establishment challenges
– Management post-establishment – weed control and the first grazing/cut
To register for the webinar, click here.
If you can’t make it on the night, please still register, as it will be recorded and sent to you afterwards to watch in your own time.