Benefits of Local Societies
BGS currently have 50 active affiliated local grassland societies and discussions groups.
Affiliated societies or discussion groups paying an annual subscription to BGS are entitled to the following benefits:
- Grass and Forage Manager – One free issue of each issue of per member of that society.
- Grassland Farmer of the Year Competition – Entry for one member into the regional round of the competition.
- BGS website
The Society will be listed on the BGS website. Other enquiries from potential new members will be forwarded to local societies by the BGS office.
Calendar items and other content can be included on the BGS website – send details to the BGS office
- Annual General Meeting – The society can nominate one member to vote at the BGS AGM.
- Speaker List – A list of potential speakers for meetings, collated by BGS, is available to local society secretaries.
- Special members rates will be available for events when the affiliated society is the host of that meeting (e.g. Summer Meeting)
- BGS Regional Council Member – A member may stand for election as a BGS Regional Council Member. The Society may nominate a person as a BGS Regional Council Member or Trustee.
- Public Liability insurance cover for activities under the BGS policy at a level determined by BGS Trustees – details can be advised by the BGS office
New groups are welcome. If you are interested, please call the BGS office on 01270 616464 or use the Contact us page of our website.